Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Powering a Relay G70?

rfmason

Thanks but this is a bit confusing. On the back of the receiver it is written 9VDC - 500mA but in the manual 350mA.

Can you confirm please this is really 350mA as I don't want to damage it?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up a G70 yesterday and am wondering about powering it with the Pedal Power 2 Plus. So this current doubler cable.... Is this the same hook ups required to power the eventide pedals(TimeFactor, ModFactor)?

• 2 years later...

So I recently got a G70 which I intended to power with my Voodoo PP2+. The "typical" PP2+ outlets (9v, 100mA) won't power the G70 up at all. I talked to Voodoo tech support and they sent a current doubler cable for me to try (it is a 2 into one cable where you combine 2 PP2+ outlets). Using it on either a 100mA + 250mA outlet or on the 2 250mA outlets the G70 powers up and works... However there is a buzz / hum. If you use the adapter that came with the G70 (the micro USB thing) there is no noise.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I have my g70 connected to an Aetos by Walrus Audio powering my G70 at the 9VDC 300mA connection and it powers it on and works, so I didn't give it a second thought. But last night at a show my G70 kept shutting off and at one point it automatically ran a factory reset. Would it missing those 50mA cause this issue? If so would a current doubler between the 300mA and 100mA do the trick in fixing this issue?

Thank  you