Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Flattest Response

spawn2031

Hey guys, sorry to post this as I know this has been addressed in a previous post but I cant seem to locate it.  Just got an electric acoustic with Fishman electronics in it and I would like to know the best combo of amps/cabs/mics for the flattest response possible.

Thanks guys!

P.S. I do really like dual amping, has anyone came with a really nice amp combo for an acoustic?  Just for fun.

I haven't tested the new model paks but so far the flattest amp I've found is the Class A-15 with these settings:

Bass = 25%

Cut = 70%

Treble = 18%

Pres = 40%

Hum (DEP) = 0%

The rest of the DEP parameters can be kept at their default settings as they effect dynamics more than frequency response.

As far as I can tell there are no cabs with flat frequency response, but arguably the closest seem to be the 1x12 Celest 12-H and the 4x12 Tweed B-Man.

The 121 Ribbon mic is the flattest of the mics.

• Upvote 1

You can probably get flatter by turning off cabinet simulation - set cabinet to none.

Another option is to use the Line 6 Acoustic amp model in the new Vintage pack. its not completely flat, it has a low Q (wide band) 10dB mid cut at 1K Hz. You'll need to use an EQ effect block to remove that.

But neither of these solutions will be that good for acoustic guitar since the tone controls appear to be voiced more for electric guitar than for acoustic instruments. Bottom line: the HD500X still isn't that useful for acoustic instruments.

I find the HD500x extremely useful for acoustic instruments,. I don't use any amp models but just EQ for feedback control. I play guitar, mandolin, ukulele, lap dulcimer, and banjo thru it, switching in different patches as I switch instruments for different EQ settings and gain equalization. Very nice.Very helpful.