Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk not saving

gshamusphoto

Anyone else having problems with this??

I have been using the app to do most of my patch setting up till now and saving in my tones. 

Since doing the new update and having my patches roughed in pretty good I have been doing small tweaks on the unit itself. But here comes the problem. I can not get the patch to save on the unit. I get the dot next to the patch number when I make a change, like adjust the patch volume (pink LED on large button) but then I try to save it and cannot seem to get it to save to the current location. I can move it to a new patch button and it will save but that is not what I want it to do. 

So it is my understanding that you hold down the patch button till it starts to blink (in save mode)

You then lift off the button and then re hold down the button till it stops blinking (should be saved)

--- this does not work, the dot is still there and if I switch tones and come back it will revert back to the old settings.

Any thoughts on this would be great. Getting just a bit frustrating. 

I haven't been saving in that manner so I haven't experienced that problem, I've been using the app, I create the tone and then save it to "my tones" then I also share it via the cloud, that way I know if the hardware or app go wonky for any reason I can always find my tones by searching my user name.

Once you can see the tone in "my tones" you can save it to the hardware from there by clicking the top right of the screen

Also the way your doing it (long press to enter save mode) the next press isn't a long one just a short press on whichever destination patch you choose

mcbeddall I agree with you on the app. I do like to turn the app off during practice with my band to simplify things, it also seems to shorten the lag between patches a bit. 

I have tried what you suggested and that also does not work on my unit. I have tried almost every combination of taps in save mode to try and get that dang dot to go away and save, no luck. 

This brings up another question.

If you have a tone you are working on either with the app or on the unit itself, make a tweak and then save it …. does it save on all platforms. Meaning if you save on the unit does it update in "my tones" on the app and if you save in my tones and that tone is loaded into the unit does it apply the changes or do you need to re upload it to the Firehawk unit??

You could end up with several different versions of the same tone patch if it does not universally save to both my tones and the Firehawk unit. 

As far as I can tell it only saves where you tell it to, if I save to my tones it doesn't appear on my firehawk until I send to firehawk, I've got myself into all kinds of bother with it to be honest, with some tones disappearing from the my tones list so had to recreate, that's why I'm saving everything to the cloud

Bump this post..

I've been having this problem as well, trying to save new tones to Firehawk user presets , if the user preset is already used, it will overwrite temporarily with new patch, but when the patch is switched back from somewhere else, it reverts to the original..

Although the app says on mytones it has been saved to FH....??????????

BTW

If somebody tells me to take a mobile/pad to a gig and use the app live, I will fall about... :D

you cannot get the internet or cloud on a Ship.. :unsure:

in the middle of the ocean, which is my next gig on the 4th July this coming Saturday...apart from setting up the patch manually

and storing somewhere else I'm stuffed...Help!!

Bump this post..

I've been having this problem as well, trying to save new tones to Firehawk user presets , if the user preset is already used, it will overwrite temporarily with new patch, but when the patch is switched back from somewhere else, it reverts to the original..

Although the app says on mytones it has been saved to FH....??????????

BTW

If somebody tells me to take a mobile/pad to a gig and use the app live, I will fall about... :D

you cannot get the internet or cloud on a Ship.. :unsure:

in the middle of the ocean, which is my next gig on the 4th July this coming Saturday...apart from setting up the patch manually

and storing somewhere else I'm stuffed...Help!!

I think I figured this out. 

So you make a change to your patch and want to save it to the Firehawk. Hold the button down till it starts to blink (save mode). Then hold it down for a second or two. You will see the arrow on the left disappear. The patch is still blinking. Lift your foot off and wait for the patch to go out of save mode and your new settings are saved. If you hold down the button till it stops blinking it will now save. 

I never have my iPad on when I gig. To many things to think about then. 

I think I figured this out. 

So you make a change to your patch and want to save it to the Firehawk. Hold the button down till it starts to blink (save mode). Then hold it down for a second or two. You will see the arrow on the left disappear. The patch is still blinking. Lift your foot off and wait for the patch to go out of save mode and your new settings are saved. If you hold down the button till it stops blinking it will now save. 

I never have my iPad on when I gig. To many things to think about then. 

Well I sorted it...mostly...had to reinstall the remote android app on the phone, and stumbled across a top right drop down menu which showed "Save to Hardware",BTW on the Apple app on the Ipad which I installed as a backup, that shows save to hardware as an option in the same area on a new installation, so there are differences between apps...However it is a rigmarole navigating through all these touch screen options especially so F*** em, I'll use it manually with presets stored before the gig, a bit of foot tapping may be required... ;)