Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help, Volume Lowering Sunddenly

guilhordas

I'll quote what i told the other guy with the same problem:

"

I used to have this problem specially when I palm muted

1-first I have to recommend u to update ur pod hd300 flash memory firmware to version 2 , if it is already re-install it , wont hurt

2-2nd What ur experiencing might be the act of The pod hd300 sound normalizer , which means ur channel is too loud and it reduces the volume to prevent amp overloads , so the solution is decreasing ur channel volume and increasing the overall (output) volume from the back of ur HD300 , this way u can both have a loud and un-normalized sound which is cool right

sorry for being so thorough but I wanted to explain completely so u could solve ur problem without any trouble if possible

so what u have to do is :

before anything update ur firmware , then if it didnt work lower the channel volume"

dude thats not the point just follow the instructions , use the monkey to update ur firmware , if it didnt work lower the channel volume ;)

I already did the update the unit, you are saying to do it again? on the volume, you mean that the volume of the patch (amp) may be too high?

Just a shot in the dark. Did you say this only happens during a gig? Does it seem to happen at a particular location? If so, could be dirty power. If that's the case, a power conditioner could solve your problem.

Just a shot in the dark. Did you say this only happens during a gig? Does it seem to happen at a particular location? If so, could be dirty power. If that's the case, a power conditioner could solve your problem.

Not during a specific gig, in any location or situation

If u re-install firmware u might get a different tone so Its good to use pod edit , click on file->save bundle , this will save ur patches

but while ur at it , yeah I was talking about ur Amp volume on ur HD500 , in the Amp section of pod edit its indicated as CH VOL

lower it a little  , this should solve ur problem ;)