Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 newb help

hgwest

Ok, I just got my 1st Line 6 product, a used Spider II 30W and the FBV Express MKII. I guess I can live with out using the tuner and volume pedal on the MKII, BUT, this part is frustrating! When I program the clean, crunch, metal and insane to the way I like them (holding the channel button down until the light flashes after setting them), I turn the amp off an come back later everything is reset to the "Preset" tones. Am I doing something wrong? I hope this is not normal as it would be a pain to dial in all channels every time I turn the amp on....help?!?!

I don't have a 30w Spider II (15 w) so there is no fbv involved but if I remember right you have to push one of the amp's channel buttons (a b c d) and hold it down, it will switch color red (orange?) to green and back when done.  That was it.

If it still doesn't work - there "might" be an internal battery - but IDK just guessing. If all else fails a support ticket can get you in touch with the L6 Tech dudes.

-B

Thanks guys, I didn't think about an internal battery Bill, that's a good tip. I am going to spend a bit more time with it tomorrow, now that I am back in town to see what is going on. If I cant figure it out, it may make its way back to Guitar Center for a return.......