Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rygar13

2.50 update Guitar Tones wont load!

Recommended Posts

After the patch and the new firmware update I am able to connect and play songs through bluetooth but all guitar tones preset and custom wont load at all. Is there anything at all to fix this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a quick recipe for solving some connectivity issues that can occur after firmware updates: 

 

Manually quit the AMPLIFi Remote app by double pressing the home button (or multi-tasking button on Android) and swiping it upward.

Go to the Bluetooth settings on your iOS/Android device and forget the pairing to the AMPLIFi device.

Then once again pair to your AMPLIFi device and restart the Remote app.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a quick recipe for solving some connectivity issues that can occur after firmware updates: 

 

Manually quit the AMPLIFi Remote app by double pressing the home button (or multi-tasking button on Android) and swiping it upward.

Go to the Bluetooth settings on your iOS/Android device and forget the pairing to the AMPLIFi device.

Then once again pair to your AMPLIFi device and restart the Remote app.

 

This worked for me when the tones wouldn't load. I have a question. I think the time this happened, I opened the app before I switched on the amp. Is there a recomended sequence? Should I start the amp first or open the app?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This worked for me when the tones wouldn't load. I have a question. I think the time this happened, I opened the app before I switched on the amp. Is there a recomended sequence? Should I start the amp first or open the app?

 

I would recommend powering the amp on first, ensure that it is connected in Bluetooth settings, maybe playback some music or something to confirm, then launching the app. That way when the app is launching it already knows the amp is there (should reconnect automatically over Bluetooth) and can begin it's data connection for loading tones and whatnot.

 

Without going into too much detail... there are two protocols to Bluetooth, one which carries audio, and the other which carries data. AMPLIFi Remote uses both, and even though the audio may work, the data connection may close when an error occurs (likely between firmware updates). The best way to re-establish data connection is to break down the bluetooth connection entirely and pair it again. After that, it should remain stable and reconnect accordingly. Once again, stay tuned for the firmware update that is coming soon, it fixes a root cause which shuts down the data connection, but leaves the audio connection, which is the part that is deceiving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...