Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

new problem with fx loop in my hd500

jipegonzo

hi there,

i have a big trouble with my toy pod hd 500 : i've plugged another effect in the fx loop since few months and it was perfect (zoom ms 70  cdr).

Since yesterday i have a saturated sound when i'm using in this fx loop (totally awful) with zoom or other device (another zoom ms-50).

if i disconnect the fx loop, the sound is good, sure but impossible to use the fx loop.. tried to reinstll the last firmware (reinstall and older and then update) and nothing happened... oh ! yes it's seems it sounds good maybe 30 seconds) sure i don't change anything since the day when the hd500 worked fine... is my hd500 dead ?? can you help me ?? by advance thank you so much (and excuse my poor english)

jp (from France)

I wonder if the physical jack connection on the HD500 effects loop is having trouble, maybe a bad connector tension, like it's shorting the cable connection. What happens if you leave a cable in the effects loop jack for a couple hours? Does the problem still occur after 30 seconds?

hi !

it solved... after reset, firmware reinstall and change some setup (in particular stomp/line... who had probably move because of bad manipulation..)

so, it work fine now...and funny : because i reinstall the firmware i have the factory presets (i erased it few years ago for mine...).. and very surprise : many of it souds really good ! (you may try it !)

jp