Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expression pedal squeak

Hblum01

Mine dose the same thing.... looks like only a few that have this problem.... I noticed that if I don't lean on the unit (like I do on my Vox Wha) it don't do it... but to answer your question I thought of using graphite like what is used in cameras. I posted a thread about this a wile back http://line6.com/support/topic/16433-exp-squeaks-when-i-put-my-foot-on-it-to-use-it/?hl=squeak

let me know if the graphite works...

Mine dose the same thing.... looks like only a few that have this problem.... I noticed that if I don't lean on the unit (like I do on my Vox Wha) it don't do it... but to answer your question I thought of using graphite like what is used in cameras. I posted a thread about this a wile back http://line6.com/support/topic/16433-exp-squeaks-when-i-put-my-foot-on-it-to-use-it/?hl=squeak

let me know if the graphite works...

Haven't tried this with the Helix (not squeaking), but I had a similar issue with my HD500 and I used just a tiny bit of lithium grease.  Worked great and never squeaked again.  

• 2 months later...

Mine squeaked loudly, measured about 75 dB at 1'.

Removing the bottom cover and loosening the pedal set screw with the supplied allen wrench let me put a couple small smears of lithium grease between the pedal and the bushing it presses against.

It didn't stop squeaking until I put a couple drops of Tri Flow in there.

So far, so good.

Saved time and $ shipping it back.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd jump in here....My expression pedal was squeaky...if you look with a flashlight down the left and inside of the exp pedal it seems to be like a rubber grommet kinda thing. Just a tad of dry lube with the little red extension thing to be more accurate... seems to help.