Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

what 500x setting to send feed to DT and PA

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I couldn't find a thread!

We are going to experiment using just 500x into the PA and then probably use amps (I have a DT25 and a JTV 59) for larger venues. I had set some patches up with two paths, one with pre and the other with full amp models.

The patches didn't sound very good through the PA so I changed the output setting to studio direct and this was much better. But that seems to be a global setting so I'm guessing it will affect the DT as those patches are set up with the combo mode on.

Do I have to go back to tweaking the sounds on the DT path or switch back to combo and tweak the PA ones - or is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks people

!

The DT25 has a great direct out on it.  I would tweak the patch for the DT25 and use the DT25 direct out to the PA. Or even mic DT25 like you would any other amp.

I play live with my DT25 3 or 4 times a month. My setup for smaller venues is actually just using the DT by itself. For bigger venues I will send use the direct out on the back DT. I played one for where they had a pro level pa setup and due to setup and time they just mic'ed  and it sounded great that way too.