Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Part 1 of my video series on the Helix now uploaded.

PeterJH

Hi everyone,

I've just uploaded the first part in my series on the Helix. In Part 1 I'm demoing some of the patches that I've created.

I used a Les Paul and a Tele in the video. The Helix was plugged directly into the desk and I used the built in speaker cabs. No IRs used.

Hope you enjoy,

Cheers,

Peter.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Peter.  Sounds great.  I was hoping we'd start seeing Helix stuff from you as you're the one who helped me get great sound out of my HD500X.

Thanks Darrel,

Yes, I've had the Helix for about 2 months and have only now started to get some time to use it. I'm glad that my HD500X videos were able to help you.

Excellent video. This is what Line 6 should have put out back when we were all begging to hear the tone of the amp models without a ton of effects and backing tracks or people noodling instead of just playing chords and solid leads

Thanks, Robbie

When it comes to modelling, I find that with regards to EFX less is always more. I try not swamp my patches in EFX, especially reverb.

Cheers,

Peter.

I used a Les Paul and a Tele in the video. The Helix was plugged directly into the desk and I used the built in speaker cabs. No IRs used.

Hi Peter. The IR thing seems to cause confusion for a lot of people. The "built-in speaker cabs" are IRs. So as not to add to the confusion, your statement above should really say "I used the built in speaker cabs (IRs). No 3rd party speaker cabs (IRs) were used".

Hi Peter. The IR thing seems to cause confusion for a lot of people. The "built-in speaker cabs" are IRs. So as not to add to the confusion, your statement above should really say "I used the built in speaker cabs (IRs). No 3rd party speaker cabs (IRs) were used".

OK ozbad,

Thanks, you said it.

Cheers.