Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help With Saving Sounds

Hello Line 6 community.

I am getting started using Line 6 products and was wondering if someone would kind enough to answer a few questions for me.  I really appreciate your time.

Specifically, I am using the Line 6 Spider products.

-Am I correct in assuming that when an amp model is chosen the equalization is then set automatically regardless of what the knobs for things like low, mid, high, etc. say at that current moment?

-If a channel button is held to save a sound after simply selecting an amp model like in my previous question would the equalizations be saved to what the knobs are showing at that moment or what the settings for the amp model are supposed to be?

-If something was tweaked...say channel volume...then saved...would the positions of the other buttons (low, mid, high, etc) be resaved at their current positions or would it still be whatever the amp model is supposed to be...or whatever it was before?

Thanks so much for your time.

Until you actually move one of the knobs, the 'sound you are hearing' is based on the selection you made - whether it is an amp model in manual mode or an artist or song patch from the tone bank.

Saving a sound to a User Patch location saves the settings exactly how the amp sounds at that time (not where the knobs are, unless you have moved them).