Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M20D fx to monitors

Hi, guys. Could somebody talk me through the process? I'm finding it a whole lot more difficult than I feel it should be and I've found nothing on line and the advanced guide and Pilot's Handbook are pretty useless.

Essentially, I'm following what insteuctions I can find, but I'm having great problems actually getting any fx to be audible in the monitors. I did manage to get a bit of reverb going last night, but I'm not entirely sure how I did it.

Best

Phil.

It's covered on page 5.4 of the Manual.

"In Monitor Mode, you can also route audio from any of the 4 global FX to your monitors.
To do so, tap the FX To Mons button located in the upper left of the Main Toolbar. The 4 global
FX controller strips will appear, as illustrated below.
Now follow the same 3 basic steps previously outlined for Channel Monitor Levels:
1. Select the target monitor on stage by tapping it.
2. Set the source effect’s Linked/Unlinked mode as desired by tapping its button.
3. Turn the source effect’s assigned encoder to the desired monitor level.
As you turn each effect’s hardware encoder, which will be color-coded purple, you’ll see the animated
signal flow from the source effect to the target monitor, as illustrated in the above screenshot for
FX A."

If the  four global fx channels are in linked mode, whatever output level for that fx will be heard in the selected monitor. If the amount is none, then that's what you'll get in monitors! So to hear fx in your monitors, you firstly need to have some of that effect applied to the input(s) being fed to that monitor AND the fx channel needs to additionally be routed to that monitor (either linked where it follows the FOH fx level or unlinked where it's level is set independently). Personally, I run all monitors dry, with no fx.

So:

Go to "Monitor" screen and tap FX To Mons

Tap each monitor you want FX in, in turn and...

Check that all four master FX channels are set to linked and that their level indicators have a little green triangle (means they match the main output level for that fx)

Next, go to "Perform"

Tap "Show Faders"

Tap "FX" in the three "Inputs FX Outs" options at the top

Set the master output level for each FX channel to an appropriate output level

Next apply some of a desired effect to a channel... and the same effect should be audible in your monitor channel(s)