Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Retirement Time For My Guitar Port

After 10 years and 1 month, I finally have to unplug my Guitar Port for the last time. It survived 6 flat moves over different continents, and probably 4 computers/laptops during that time, but it really starts to malfunction now...

The big volume knob is making a lot of noise when turned, I sometimes lose the left or right channel, so I guess it's finally time to upgrade!

What is the best replacement? I'm currently using Gearbox with the Guitar Port, and also had a license for "Riffworks 2 for Line 6". I'm a bit confused at the new options, so any help appreciated.

Thanks,

oh and thanks to Line 6 for providing a device that survived any other piece of electronic I ever owned! (apart from the guitars).

the pod studio would be the direct replacement... probably the GX if the guitarport had what you needed..

you can't get those licenses anymore. it now comes with pod farm 2.5 (which will use old your old gearbox tones!)

and riffworks, you'd probably need to crossgrade to their standard license to support most any modern operating system (its reasonably priced...)