Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How do you listen to your Amplifi device (not the amp)?

adagosto

I'm curious how you guys listen to your Amplifi device in particular the FX100 and the Table Top.

I personally use mine in two ways (1) with headphone and (2) through my Mesa Boogie Express plugged into the effects loop. I also find that most of the amp models are just not all that usable through the amp, or any amp for that matter that I've tried. I think there is some loss in the Line 6 modeling when it is influenced through amp circuitry.

Headphones on the other hand make the Line 6 Table Top/FX100/Bean....sound awesome.  I think this is also largely true with the HD500 with the exception of when its played into a DT25.

Anyway, when you look at the Amplifi amps, those all use stereo full range speakers and so are headphones. It seems to me that the Table Top/FX100 would probably sound pretty awesome when played into a stereo full range powered speaker like a DJ type rig.

What do you guys think?  What do you use?

Thanks!!

I'm curious how you guys listen to your Amplifi device in particular the FX100 and the Table Top.

I personally use mine in two ways (1) with headphone and (2) through my Mesa Boogie Express plugged into the effects loop. I also find that most of the amp models are just not all that usable through the amp, or any amp for that matter that I've tried. I think there is some loss in the Line 6 modeling when it is influenced through amp circuitry.

Headphones on the other hand make the Line 6 Table Top/FX100/Bean....sound awesome. I think this is also largely true with the HD500 with the exception of when its played into a DT25.

Anyway, when you look at the Amplifi amps, those all use stereo full range speakers and so are headphones. It seems to me that the Table Top/FX100 would probably sound pretty awesome when played into a stereo full range powered speaker like a DJ type rig.

What do you guys think? What do you use?

Thanks!!

I have followed many of these forums as I once owned and sold a FH floor modeler. From reading the forums one really good solution is to output any TT or floor modeler through FRFR bi amped speaker systems such as the Line 6 StageSource Lt2 or higher. Friedman also makes an expensive wedge FRFR as well. The YouTube videos of Paul Hindmarsh demoing the StageSource LT with his Pod 500 were exceptionally cool! If you're rich, get the Firehawk 1500 which works as an amp or FRFR source (monitor). Others can weigh in here!

Jim

Hi Jim,

Yeah I agree that FRFR are probably going to be the best. I makes sense that Line 6 started going this way with the Amplifi amps. Now they went with the Firehawk.

There just are not too many FRFR stereo speaker rigs out there. Mission Engineering makes a 2x12 but they want $1600. They are smoking crack!

Outside of that yes the SoundSource line is good but way over priced IMO.

Thanks!