Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

helix editor | how to install IRs

ti67sos

I bought a bunch of OwnHammer IRs
I'm trying to import them into my Helix

do i need the beta helix editor to do this? because i keep trying to use it. it shows it connected, and on the preset but then when i try to import an IR it says Helix not connected. it's a vicious cycle.

is there a way to import IRs without the laptop based editor application?

What OS are you using? It seems to be a common problem with Helix app on Mac OS X 10.11.4. I've read that some people had success using a powered USB 2.0 hub, but haven't tried that myself.

Yesterday I had success with using a Windows 10 PC.

As far as I am aware, the only way to import IRs is with the Helix app.

What OS are you using? It seems to be a common problem with Helix app on Mac OS X 10.11.4. I've read that some people had success using a powered USB 2.0 hub, but haven't tried that myself.

Yesterday I had success with using a Windows 10 PC.

As far as I am aware, the only way to import IRs is with the Helix app.

I'm on 10.11.3. While I for the most part like my MAC I am frustrated with consistent pattern of several applications not being able to run properly every time there's an OS update. I keep thinking about getting rid of my PC machine. But then I keep running into issues wherein if I didn't have it, I'd be unable to complete my work at critical times.

I bought a bunch of OwnHammer IRs

I'm trying to import them into my Helix

do i need the beta helix editor to do this? because i keep trying to use it. it shows it connected, and on the preset but then when i try to import an IR it says Helix not connected. it's a vicious cycle.

is there a way to import IRs without the laptop based editor application?

There is no way to put IRs in there without using a computer, but you don't need the latest beta editor. You can use v1.04 of the Editor.

But...

Update to 10.11.4. It has solved problems for a LOT of people. 10.11 was a real problem with external USB devices until this update. Shame on you, Apple!

There is no way to put IRs in there without using a computer, but you don't need the latest beta editor. You can use v1.04 of the Editor.

But...

Update to 10.11.4. It has solved problems for a LOT of people. 10.11 was a real problem with external USB devices until this update. Shame on you, Apple!

I'll update to 10.11.4 and see if that corrects the HELIX issues.

Hopefully that doesn't render other applications useless.