Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10 Trouble

periksson

Hi,

I've had my G10 for about a month now and have been very satisfied with it. I have different guitars and every single one of them have worked with it. Some with active electronics (EMG's, Di marzio) and non active (Tom Anderson). However - since a few days back it started to act funny on me. The halo on the reciever was pulsing red and the transmitter had nothing at all. Charged it and waited till the day after. Plugged in and everything was fine again.

Was going to play today again and plugged it in the guitar. Nothing happens...? The reciever pulsates white and the transmitter...nothing...dead! I took it from the charging station? Put it in the charging station again and the white pulsating goes to red and the transmitter also goes red with two pulsating flashes.

So in other words - cannot get it to charge at all. Cannot get the transmitter to light up at all when inserted to the guitar (any guitar). And the reciever is pulsating white all the time the transmitter is out, but as soon as I put it in the charger it starts pulsating red and so does the transmitter?!? What could be wrong?

https://youtu.be/d0J-KGenbUk

• 2 weeks later...

Something similar happened to me. Mine worked fine for a week. I have one bass with active electronics and one with passive. One day I took it off the charger (it was solid green), plugged it into my bass with active electronics and it didn't light up. Not knowing what the issue was, I put it back on the charger and it no longer lights up, though the charger blinks red like yours. Also, the transmitter was extremely hot to the touch for about 30 minutes after even though it wasnt plugged into anything.

My issue seems similar to yours ,though my transmitter doesn't light at all and yours at least blinks alittle. The good news is that I opened a ticket and they are sending me a replacement. Wondering if there is an issue with the batteries they are putting in these G10s 

• 1 year later...

My G10 charger completely quit working. No halo, no nothing. Transmitter seems to be fine, just the charger went out. I'm going to Guitar Center tomorrow to see what they can do for me, but it looks like I have a faulty charger unit.

My G10 charger completely quit working. No halo, no nothing. Transmitter seems to be fine, just the charger went out. I'm going to Guitar Center tomorrow to see what they can do for me, but it looks like I have a faulty charger unit.

Most likely the micro USB 5vdc charger port broke free from the circuit board. It's a known weakness.