dennismiller

Batteries Versus Electric Power

Has anyone else felt like their Variax provided better tones with electrical power instead of batteries?

I usually love what my old Variax 500 can do, (Always on AC power), but I played it with batteries for the first time the other day and it sounded weird. Everything seemed tinny and sounded like it had a lot of piezo quack. The batteries were AA size, all brand new.

With some work being done in my music room, I haven't gotten back to playing it this week, but I just wondered.

Anyone?  Thanks...

No, just the usual cables to the AC adaptor and to the amp. When I played it on batteries cabled straight to the amp is when it didn't sound right.

I use AA NiMh batteries in my 500.  Have for almost 10 years.  Yes they are 10 years old!  I get a solid 4 hours playing out of them.  I have two sets and I keep both sets charged.

Thanks... That explains a lot. I didn't get a manual when I got it and scrolling through the download, I have to admit I never read the whole thing, only pages about how to set it up and what model is what.

The guys replacing the window and frame in the music room are nearly done. I might get to play it again tonight and I'll see how I feel with it plugged in again.

Thanks guys...