Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

L3t issues with keyboards

Hi, I have an L3t speaker as keyboard amp for my stage piano and Hammond clone. When it works, it sounds great. But less than a year after my purchase, I suddenly had the issue that the sound started to distort really bad. The speaker was broken. It took four frustrating months to repair (parts not in stock and a non-cooperative shop). Now after a few months with very little use, it's broken again.

Any L3t or L3m users with similar reliability issues? If so, what did it cause?

I hate to go through the same process of waiting, calling the non-cooperative shop many times and then ending up with a product that I still don't trust.

You sure it's a blown speaker? I ask because there was/is a known issue with the fan assembly on these things rattling when cranked loud enough...usually at certain lower frequencies...well, low for a guitar, anyway. Mine sounded like a jack-hammer with F# on the low E string. It's a horrible sound, might be mistaken for a blown speaker.

A different fan assembly was eventually designed, and usually takes care of the problem...though mine had to be replaced twice.

Hi, yes I am pretty sure. Previous time they changed various components I understood from the repair company that I called.

Also, the sound difference / distortion and volume drop is so huge and happens over so many frequencies that I cannot imagine it being the fan assembly.

I just had one of my units do this and it was amp module. I sent the module back to Line 6 directly and just had it repaired within a week for around 130.00. Buy a extra rear power / amp unit for quick fix when needed. I bought one off ebay for 250.00.

Hey good that you found a solution!

Don't know whether you use this speaker for gigs but after two failures in 1.5 years I have very little faith left in my speaker, even if it's repaired. I contacted Line 6 and the shop that sold it. They both mentioned they could help me, but no promises about throughput time etc. All in all, it is a LOT of effort to get back a working product.

Even though the speaker sounds great, Line 6 products are on my "avoid list" from now on.