Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Why so many duplicates on CustomTone?

Anyone can post any tone file they want, and name it whatever they want. So here you have a bunch of different people posting their own version of a tone that they have created which they think is a good tone for the song Black Magic Woman. Some people have posted a file with the same name multiple times, probably updated versions of an initial posting.

There is no moderation of the Customtone site - there's nobody doing any testing of the posted files, or checking whether there are duplicates. It's an open user-populated tone library.

• 1 month later...

This is not an answer to your question but maybe you can help me with my problem.

i just bought a pod 2.0 from one of my friend, i download custom tone but i'm unable to open the file .l6t.

First i dont know what this file contents, and second do I need to connect my pod tod make it work.

Can you help me?

You need to download and install the POD 2.0 editor. It's called Line 6 Edit. You will find it in the Downloads section of this website, under the Support tab at the top of this page.

After downloading and installing the editor you will use it to open the l6t file and send it to the POD device with your POD connected to your computer. You'll find instructions for this in the Technical Support section - Knowledge Base, FAQs, and/or manuals.

• Upvote 1