Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Exp Pedal Squeak Fixed, but now . . .

sdsingle

Thanks to this forum I saw how to fix pedal squeak with white lithium grease.  But in taking apart the pedal assembly it kind of came apart in my hands before I could note exactly how the washers were supposed to go.  There is a large plastic one, a smaller plastic one, and a metal one.  I got it back together and it is functional, but I must have put something back either in the wrong order or facing the wrong direction, because now the pedal scrapes ever so slightly against the chassis.  Is there a parts assembly diagram somewhere that shows how this is supposed to be assembled?  Or would somebody be willing to post a close up photo of theirs?

You may not have done anything wrong in reassembly. Mine can scrape if I put any lateral pressure on it. IMHO, the pedal design is a bit flawed - it shouldn't ever squeak (mine did too) and it shouldn't be close enough to the chassis to ever rub. I would add that I think the pedal is a it too heavy. Unless you keep it pretty tight it won't stay up. I was actually thinking of drilling some holes in it to lighten it a bit.