Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Greetings! I've had these 2 Stagesource L2t and L2m for a while but only recently I can't help focusing on these problems:

- the fans (I guess) make always noise but only when in use so it's bearable even though it could be "softer";

- my main concern is about the background hum (if you put your ear next to the speaker even though master is set at its minimum and without anything plugged in), so I'm starting to think if this is a common thing or just mine (their humming is not a disturbing noise, but with digital speakers it's not something I would expect at low/none volume). In general I have to stay at around 10 o'clock of the master otherwise it could be disturbing;

- furthermore is there a built in noise suppressor (not completely active otherwise I wouldn't hear the hum)? When the source of audio is very low if for example I'm watching a movie using my Stagesources as speakers some part could be cut because maybe there are words after silence and it happened also with some part of songs played with Windows Media Player or Youtube (Master always set at around 10 o'clock and the audio of the source at around 50%).

So is this something that's normal to happen (i.e. these speakers are built for bringing powerful live sounds and at low level they do not work at their finest) or should I have them checked/should I try something in particular? Thanks for the attention and help!

SUPPORT PROFILE: The speakers make the same things in any mode (PA ref, floor monitor, etc), with or without feedback suppression, with or without being connected simultaneously/left + right/left and right separately, with other audio interface (normally I use Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, 50% monitor output), also with maximum quality cables such as Vovox or others. The speakers are 50 cm and 130cm off the walls and are on millenium stands at about 100 cm from the floor. I think they are separated from other things that my cause interference such as telephone/pc/other amps since it's more than 100cm off from everything

Regarding the hum: I recall hearing a disturbing background noise on my L3t once. After a visual inspection I saw that one of the input level knobs on the L3t side panel mixer was at about 12 o'clock. Even without a mic/guitar connected the speaker was producing white noise at the input. Turning the level knob to zero removed the noise.

Don't know if that's the case for you (not on the L2m for sure) but worth checking on the L3t.