Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Roto- Machine Paper Weight

I recently plugged into the roto-machine effect pedal I purchased new about four years ago. There doesn't seem to be much info or support for it even on the Line 6 website.  I did a search and It's as though it never existed. No results found! What?

Problem is - it's dead. Battery is good. I apply the footswitch. Red led blinks sporadically but no sound. I pull and push back in the input. A click then a tick,tick,tick,tick - then again nothing. All is dead. It's been packed away for years. It hasn't been asked to work. Now when I want it to, there is nothing. Is this the redhead stepdaughter of line six? Have they discontinued and disowned it? Heavy as it is, I paid too much for this paperweight. At the time I thought the BOSS pedal was all toots and whistles what with the little light show rotating. Now I wonder if that is where I should have put my money.

Anyone have a clue as to the problem?

Thanks, Rob

Thanks Brazzy, I actually did open it (four screws on the bottom), pulled the board and spray cleaned the only contact pin socket. No difference. Usually a few ins and outs will clean the 1/4" contacts enough to get a signal. Did it all. 

I noticed there is a pattern to the LED blinking. It blinks four times then is off for the same amount of time. Like: blink,blink,blink,blink, off,off,off,off and so on. Maybe that's a distress signal. Anyway it's always red. Hopefully, Someone else can chime in here, but thanks for your thoughts.

Thanks Brazzy, I actually did open it (four screws on the bottom), pulled the board and spray cleaned the only contact pin socket. No difference. Usually a few ins and outs will clean the 1/4" contacts enough to get a signal. Did it all. 

I noticed there is a pattern to the LED blinking. It blinks four times then is off for the same amount of time. Like: blink,blink,blink,blink, off,off,off,off and so on. Maybe that's a distress signal. Anyway it's always red. Hopefully, Someone else can chime in here, but thanks for your thoughts.

Ok. I just looked at the manual and it says the red light flashing means low battery. Maybe you battery isn't good enough. Do you have a power supply? You should try another power source of you can. Unless you already did.

The manual I looked at > http://line6.com/data/6/0a060b316ac34f0594333c800/application/pdf/ToneCore%20-%20RotoMachine%20-%20Dutch%20(%20Rev%20B%20).pdf

post-727441-0-67799600-1483495101_thumb.jpg

Hey Brazzy, You know I gave it the tongue test and thought I felt enough of a shock but I might be more sensitive at 64. I think you might have something there. I will change the battery any way or find a power supply. I'll keep you posted. Thanks. 

• Upvote 1

So, I got a brand new energiser battery and now it's behaving differently. When pressed all the way down (click) It is dead. If pressed half way (without click) it works, but you have to hold it there. The controls work as long as pressure is on the switch. Push it too far (click) and it's off, as in no signal and no amber light. It sounds great when it's working. But it needs to be working properly or it's of no use.

Hey Brazzy, You know I gave it the tongue test and thought I felt enough of a shock but I might be more sensitive at 64. I think you might have something there. I will change the battery any way or find a power supply. I'll keep you posted. Thanks. 

So, I got a brand new energiser battery and now it's behaving differently. When pressed all the way down (click) It is dead. If pressed half way (without click) it works, but you have to hold it there. The controls work as long as pressure is on the switch. Push it too far (click) and it's off, as in no signal and no amber light. It sounds great when it's working. But it needs to be working properly or it's of no use.

Just trying to help. I had the battery issue once not long ago so it was still fresh in my head. I know the feel of the switch is funky compared to just a button so I'm not sure what to say except maybe try not to stomp on it too hard when switching. Maybe the switch isn't right somehow.

I have a mono pedal body and a stereo body TonCore pedal and 4 modules. The chorus, the otto, the compressor and the uber metal so far they still work but like I mentioned the switch part is so smooth it's hard to feel the switch actually work like a regular footswitch if you know what I mean, lol. The little 9v batteries don't last very long either so I use a 10 Ah 9 volt DC power pack I made out of 8 rechargeable D batteries which really works great.

Yep, It might be the switch. It feels fine. It's both a momentary and an on/off. It's just how you use it. The on/off is the hard push with a click. The momentary is a light push. The hard push is suppose to turn the effect on and off. The momentary light push is suppose to switch between slow and fast rotating of the leslie effect. Well, the only way to get signal at all is to lightly push down on the switch and keep it there. Lifting up cuts the signal.

Well, I had hoped some pro tech person from line 6 would have chimed in by now. Evidently, they don't have time for problems in the forum. Thanks for your input Brazzy. At least I wasn't talking to a wall. Hope you have a great New Year.

Rob

Yep, It might be the switch. It feels fine. It's both a momentary and an on/off. It's just how you use it. The on/off is the hard push with a click. The momentary is a light push. The hard push is suppose to turn the effect on and off. The momentary light push is suppose to switch between slow and fast rotating of the leslie effect. Well, the only way to get signal at all is to lightly push down on the switch and keep it there. Lifting up cuts the signal.

Well, I had hoped some pro tech person from line 6 would have chimed in by now. Evidently, they don't have time for problems in the forum. Thanks for your input Brazzy. At least I wasn't talking to a wall. Hope you have a great New Year.

Rob

Oh that's right. I forgot it can be momentary or on/off depending on the pressure used. I think if you tap the pedal lightly it changes the tempo. It's been a while since I used mine so I think I'll set them up again soon.

Your welcome, I don't mind helping someone when I can. I certainly am not an expert but sometimes I help myself when I try to help someone else. :)

Happy New Year to you too.

Ron