Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Output Suggestions for my Pod HD 500X

okelliher

Try them all and see what you like best.  I chose Studio/Direct. 

Did you discover what I discovered, that when you use the Spider that way that you have no volume controls on the amp?  That's why I stopped using my Spider 75 that way and went with a small mixer.  Actually I even tried using the amp normally and just using the cleanest preset I could find with EQ that does not affect the original signal.

Yes and Yes.  I have been running Studio/Direct too. Thanks for the replies.

I also noticed the lack of volume control on the Spider.  I keep the Master down on the Pod when I am not using the Spider and make sure to power down the Spider first before anything else when I am done playing.

Yes and Yes.  I have been running Studio/Direct too. Thanks for the replies.

I also noticed the lack of volume control on the Spider.  I keep the Master down on the Pod when I am not using the Spider and make sure to power down the Spider first before anything else when I am done playing.

Cool. When the spider is run like your running it it's volume is wide open. Turning the amp off first is my protocol. You should be able to pull the guitar cable out of the amps input without noise but if the cable is in the amps input and you pull the cable out of the guitar by mistake you'll scare the crap out of yourself, lol.

I've got the spider jam and run into the aux input with a mixer where an hd500, x3 pro, and drummer pipe into. I always have the amps master wide open. After I turn the amp on I turn the master volume all the way up and before I turn it off I turn it down.

It's been a while but I think when I used the spider III 75 I had and ran it like your doing when I got done playing I would just "quickly" unplug the cable from the amp, take a break and when I came back just "quickly" plug it back in. I didn't always turn the amp off unless I knew I was completely done using it.