Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JTV 89F guitar modeling vs variax 300

i bought a variax 300 in 2006 and the guitar models are spot on. i know this because i own some of the modeling guitars such as a 61 Gibson 335, 59 Strat & les paul. i run  through a vetta 2 with the Marshall 45 set up.

i just bought a JTV 89F blood red. plays nice and stays in tune well. i bought it for the drop down tuning. problem is the guitars i use on my 300 sound way better, fatter and the 89f sounds are thin compared through the same amp and settings. i set the 89 up through the workbench with all the same set up as the 300 hoping this would solve the issue still thin.tried every pickup avalible on the hd workbench and still not close.

anyone have these issues? maybe a factory issue?

thank you for the help on this. so I need to go on the monkey and pull up the 1.9 firmware and install it? then the JT-89 will work on the old workbench? I could not get it to work on the old workbench  when I got it  and had to install the HD workbench.