Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Headrush FX Pedalboard - anyone seen this yet?

craigmoleski

Last year I attended a seminar (more like a Q&A friendly talk) with this guy from Oviedo, my hometown, former chief engineer at Marshmallows and former engineer at Bellringer, and he pretty much confirmed what you've been talking about a certain brand making copies of famous pedals... though I'm not sure why that is any "worse" than what most brands of pedals do, I mean, how many klon copies can you name? Tube screamer?

What about modeling? I don't have any ethical issue, if I pay for a modeler, I want it to sound good, I don't need it to nail anything. I know I'm paying for a modeler, not a tube amp (or whatever)

Amp models and brands are just an orientation for me. The closer the modeling gets to sounding like a real amp, the less I care about it sounding like any specific amp. There are amps whose sound I love, and I'd like something that gets me in the ballpark, but no amp sounds exactly the same as the one that came before off the same assembly line. I know this has been beaten to death, 1K times over, and I don't mean to start it again, it's just this feeling that's growing stronger, wanting something good, not necessarily (an attempt at) a copy of anything. In every generation of L6 modelers, there's been at least one L6 original that I used extensively.

What bugs me, is watching somebody trying to take credit for an idea that they've ripped off. If it's a copy, it's a copy, everybody does it as long as it's not illegal, but at least don't sell it as your idea.

Yes indeed!!!

I'll just say that when I was at GC picking up my LT a few weeks ago, I was chatting with the guys in the effects/accessories section. I asked about the Headrush and the response was basically, "yeah, we haven't moved a single unit, and no one has even expressed interest." They said the LT has been flying off shelves. I think the Headrush folks misjudged their market massively - you can rip off a $100 or $200 pedal and consumers won't care because it's not a ton of money, relatively speaking, but on a $1K purchase, people are going to do their homework, they're going to look at videos and go, "hey, this looks like a cheap ripoff of that other thing, and it's not cheaper!"