Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Master Volume and Line out on Spider IV 75

oliveralex

Hi all together,

I have the same problem with my master volume pot as described by many users in this thread: "Spider iV Master Volume Pot Problem",

but this is just one aspect of my Problem.

I am using my Spider IV 75 in gigs where I have to be quite quiet on the stage, so it is a real Problem to mic the amp and use it as guitar Monitor at the same time, because of the adjustment of the master volume. On my Spider the "sweet Point" is in between just 2 or 4° of the circle. Otherwise it is nearly inaudible or much to loud.

So I wonder how the master volume pot is hooked up. Is it just an analog voltage divider placed infront of the power amp section or is it much more complicated? Is there a schematic out there?

I tried to hook up my Spider with the direct out into a Behringer GI-100 Speaker simmulator and then into the mixing console and the tone is quite good for Background guitar. But unfortunatelly the volume of the direct out is influenced by the master volume pot as well.

So I wonder if there is a way to get separat Volume for Speaker and direct out. If the master volume is analog and after the preamp it should not be a Problem at all.

Regards,

Oli

Any modification of the amp (changing configuration of volume controls) will void any warranties - you may not be concerned with this.

I have not had similar issues with my S4 75 - yes the master volume pot is less linear than some amps, but not overly so if the channel volume is set properly.

Hi,

thanks for the hints. You told already in the other thread, that your Spider is an exception..... But I have two Spider IV 74. Both amps act exactly the same, so as many other Spider IV of other users do. So it is definitly not a defect, especially because the volume pot is working this way just from the beginnig of purchase.

The volume is not an issue, when I play on my own, because I use the amp in a much louder way than I did in the band. But it is a matter when I Play in moderate volume.

Anyway it would be very useful to have direct out and master volume separat like in the Spider V. Warranty is over and I am used to soldering quite well....

So again, does anybody know something about the schematic of the master volume pot?

Regards,

Oli