Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Footswitch Options for POD 2.0 with FBV Jack

ry1633

Hi all,  I have a POD 2.0 with FBV pedal jack.  What are my options for footswitches?   I bought an FBV2 but I don't like it since it only scrolls.

If I can find a used FBV4 would that work?   What would be my other options?

Is there a difference between the Mk1 and MkII Shortboards as it would pertain to functioning with my POD 2.0 unit?   

I'm also looking at the FBV4 and the FB Express.   Techinically Line 6 says they won't work with the POD 2.0, but I've read on other forums those would work.

For the Pod 2.0 - no different functioning is between the 2 pods. The MKI is a bit cheaper (used as its older) but it has a bit larger display.

The FBV Express worked with mine but it really is pointless as you cannot change banks and are locked into the 4 presets. But if its all you have its all you have. That would be better then the FBV4.

There are two versions of the Pod 2.0 (as you probably know) and there are 2 different versions of the FBV4 (the 4 button only one) IIRC one was for one and the other for the other. Its been too long since I dusted the FBV4 off so I can't comment on which one would/might work.

I have the slightly newer POD 2.0 with the FBV pedal jack, so which FBV4 or FBV Express should I look for?

All I really need is 3-4 buttons at max like crunch, lead/solo boost, clean, and clean boost.      I didn't like the FBV2 just because it scrolled and didn't function like a switcher.   Which is a shame because it fit very nicely in my POD bag :)    Ideally I'd like something would either fit in the POD bag or in my regular gig and cable bag without too much fuss.

I talked to Line 6 phone support.   Technically speaking, they say that the FBV4 does not work with the POD 2.0.    But I've heard that it does work - and my POD does have the FBV Pedal jack.     I'd like to try it.   Otherwise I'll see if I can find an Express preferrably a Mk1.  I don't need to make a big expenditure since I'll be it more for band practice than gigging.

Line 6 tells me that the FBV2 should be working fine with my POD - that both buttons should be able to scroll in either direction.  If I could get this to work, that'd be a satisfactory workaround.  But currently the left button on my FBV2 does not do anything and it's a brand new unit.  They told me to try a different cable or try plugging in the cable after booting up my POD.   I'll test some more tonight.