Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

XD-V Beltpacks for radio mics - the end?

cedd

A user on another forum I regularly post on has just pointed out that all mention of wireless mic systems using beltpacks (so, headsets and lavaliers) has vanished from the Line6 website - it's all hand held or guitar systems. I've checked myself and they're right. 

Is this the end of their production of beltpack-based radio mic systems? The newer guitar systems (G70/G75) look to have a different beltpack whereas the G30/50/55/90 still appear to have the same beltpack (which I know still works as a mic pack as I've bought the guitar systems in order to get them cheaper (I use my own, different brand of headset).

Anybody know any info? 
I'm in a position of needing to decide - do I sell my Line6 kit quick on ebay (and lose money) to replace it with traditional UHF radio mics in a new channel, or do I stick with it? I was hoping the lack of spares support from Line6 was just a blip after their sale to Yamaha, but i'm now wondering if the writing's on the wall.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

The Line 6 store on our website reflects only what Line 6 has in stock available to sell out of our web store.

The TBP12 style of transmitters are not EOL and are currently available on our web store here: http://store.line6.com/accessories/wireless.html?cat=53

This product can also be purchased through any of our retail partners.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!