Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any Problems With The Jtv89f Guitar

Hi guys anyone having any problems with the JTV89F guitar like ghost notes or anything with the models.I have a JTV69 but i am interested in also buying the JTV89F so i am interested to no if anyone that has one are having any problems with them  thank you for your help  cal.

Hi Broker,

I think we’ve met before in one of my topics where I talk about my first impressions about the JTV-89F I purchased about 1 month ago. I’ve had no problems with this guitar, I don’t know what you mean with ghost notes but mine has no problems of any kind (except for the spank bug in the WB HD software but this problem is not a problem in the guitar itself) and I’ve played extensively.

You already own a Variax so you know exactly what to expect from the modeling sounds and as for the guitar itself I insist that the mag pick-ups could be much better, they sound muddy, not defined and this is absolutely not a matter of taste they’re not anywhere close to pair of good high output Duncans or Dimarzios. I’ve other guitars and I know what I’m talking about.  Having said that the guitar construction is as good as any Ibanez S in the range of 800 USD or a Jackson Dinky made in Indonesia, note that I have tested this guitars before. The guitar quality is very good, I’ve had no firmware problems of any type nor with the VDI cable or charger, all together is a great  guitar, the modelled guitars are awesome, once I change the mag pick-ups it will be close to be the ultimate guitar.

One last thing I’d like to point out is that I also wish it could have a bit more sustain, I know that the combination of bolt on and floating bridges is not good for sustain and this is something not exclusively related to the 89f guitars but to all guitars of all brands with the same construction. I have a 200 dollar Epi with bolt-on neck with fixed bridge that beats the JTV in terms of sustain, let’s not mention my Gibson LP that leaves behind the Epi and JTV.

I hope others can share their experiences but if you have any particular question about the guitar just ask it.