Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Getting A Ric 360/12 Sound From POD-XT Live - HOW???

I was looking through the effects on my POD-XT Live and noticed that the effect for "20d" is supposed to be a Rickenbacker 360 12-string but.....to me, it doesn't sound like one.  It just sounds like a chorus effect.  

How can I edit "Ric 360/12" to actually sound like a 12-string Rickebacker?  Can someone walk me through the process??  

Also, I have some effects for my POD-XT Live that were sent to me - but I don't know what kind of cable I need so that I can download the effects gtom my computer to my POD-XT Live??  The model I have is the one that has the "Bass Expansion Pack" & the Variax cable input - although, I don't use a Variax guitar with the unit.  I just use my "Clarence White" replica Telecaster.  

Any help would be much appreciated!!  If you would like to contact me privately, my email address is: 

doublebender@cabletvonline.net

Thanks a bunch for any help!!

Take Care, 
Tony T.

I can't help you with the 12 String as it does sound like a chorus to me too. Possibly reduce any 'Verb out of the patch to try and sharpen the note response a bit.

The XTL just uses a common USB cable that any office supply place would carry - the type a printer would use. You need to go to the Downloads area (link is above) and get the Line 6 Monkey & Line 6 Gearbox or Line 6 Edit. Depending on what OS you are running L6Edit might work on the later Win Versions but try Gearbox first. You MIGHT have to use a lower operating system in the drop down menu box btw as the later OS versions were never created.

If you had the XTL expansion packs you would get the L6 License Manager to authorize the XTL (after registering it).

Run Line 6 Monkey and it should be able to get what you need as far a getting the XTL connected (drivers, any firmware, etc.).

• Upvote 1

I can't help you with the 12 String as it does sound like a chorus to me too. Possibly reduce any 'Verb out of the patch to try and sharpen the note response a bit.

The XTL just uses a common USB cable that any office supply place would carry - the type a printer would use. You need to go to the Downloads area (link is above) and get the Line 6 Monkey & Line 6 Gearbox or Line 6 Edit. Depending on what OS you are running L6Edit might work on the later Win Versions but try Gearbox first. You MIGHT have to use a lower operating system in the drop down menu box btw as the later OS versions were never created.

If you had the XTL expansion packs you would get the L6 License Manager to authorize the XTL (after registering it).

Run Line 6 Monkey and it should be able to get what you need as far a getting the XTL connected (drivers, any firmware, etc.).

Thanks a buch!!  I've got a USB cable sitting here next to me.  I appreciate the help!!