Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connection question

Phil_GMC

Hello folks,

I'm a complete connection numpty. I'm thinking of connecting XLR L/R (stereo) to my Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 and the 1/4" Left output to my Peavey Valveking 20MH fx return. I thought I could use my Radial Twin City ABY box to send the guitar to both my Helix LT and my amp input.

Will this work ok? and, is there a better way?

Thanks

Phil

Thanks, that has completely thrown me :huh: I've never really dug deep into this kind of thing and it confuses the socks off me :rolleyes:

I thought the way I said could be the simplest, I wouldn't have to alter any patches, just hit A, B or "both" depending on what I want to do at the time. I usually just play though my studio monitors but sometimes I want to feel the air moving ;)

I am willing to give your solution a try though if you can help a bit more please.

In my way, it's it possible to switch off cab sim on just the 1/4 out?

Thanks

Phil (51 year old, Tube Screamer into head into 1X12 kinda bloke :) )

Guitar>Helix Guitar IN    Helix 1/4" Send 1> Peavy Valve King Guitar in

In your Helix preset, drop in a "Send 1" at the beginning of your chain. That will send your guitar signal to your peavy through the 1/4" send, as well as let your signal go through your preset on your Helix. 

Thanks but I want the preset to go through the Peavey power amp via the Peavey return, kinda like using half the fx loop. I've never really driver to far into fx loops but I did have a Boss GT100 set using 4cm which was good because you could switch it (I can't remember how) in the Boss computer interface to go via the loop or the front end.

How I want to use this though is to be able to record direct through my Scarlett at the same time as I am playing through my amp.

Sorry for being a dodo.

Cheers