Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native crashing

JohnnyJ1971

While changing presents in Helix Native running in Mixcraft 8 Pro, Mixcraft will crash. It is intermittent but eventually it always occurs. I have not had any issues with TH3, S-Gear, or BIAS FX. Not sure what the problem could be but once I have a present selected and leave it alone it seems to work fine, it just crashes when changing presents frequently. Could be a memory issue with Helix Native? Maybe a Mixcraft issue with Helix Native? Just guessing.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had Helix rack since early this year and it has worked great.  Saw a need for Native while recording tonight so got it just an hour or two ago.  I use Mixcraft 8 Pro (have used Mixcraft since 5 without issues), Windows 10 (new PC with plenty of power).  It crashes so often I don't think I can use it.  And it does seem to happen when changing presets, although I can't see a pattern.  I was searching for an answer and saw this post!  I'm a member of the Mixcraft Forum and will check there later today in case they have an idea.  Doug

I've also been having issues with Native crashing in Mixcraft 8 Pro.  I opened a support ticket with Acoustica and got a response from them that they were in contact with "the Line 6 lead tester for Helix Native" and that "they have a couple of Mixcraft-specific issues that will be fixed in an upcoming 1.01 update".  So I'm hopeful that this will be fixed soon. 

Just out of curiosity.....is everyone using Native VST3 in Mixcraft?  Has anyone tried VST2 to see if it's more stable?