Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD Reamping Feedback Loop

toddfugere

I've been having an issue with my Pod HD Pro X and reamping. It seems that whenever I reamp I get a ghost tone, almost like a heavy reverb or feedback loop. However, while actually playing the guitar everything sounds perfect, no issue. It's only during the reamping. 

I've tried multiple setups for reamping. I used this setup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_mYnOX0XNs. I've also connected SPDIF out from Scarlett 6i6 into Pod and back out from POD into Scarlett SPDIF. I've also connected Scarlett Line outputs 3 & 4 to POD. Seems that no matter how I do it, still get the feedback loop. I've also tried adjusting settings in the Line 6 Audio-Midi Devices. I've tried different patches, different DI signals, tweaking settings in pod, inputs settings, DAW monitoring, etc. I have recently purchased new instrument cables and SPDIF cables. Nothing seems to work.

I also learned that having POD HD Pro x Edit closed makes it a little better as well as removing the USB cable to POD during reamp. But it's still a huge issue. Seems like it's not so noticeable on clean tones, but whenever there is anything with any gain involved it's very apparent. Especially on quick stop and start passages. I have an attached a sound clip.

Anyone else experience anything like this?

Feedback Loop.mp3