Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Xt - Usb Or Speakers ?

Hi !

I'm sorry for being such a noob, but I've ordered a Line 6 POD XT, and I was just wondering how it would work through USB.

If I plug in the USB to my computer, does it show up as a recording device or a speaker device ?

Because I'm not looking to record anything, just to play and hear what I play.

If it shows up as a recording device, can I still hear the audio through my headset(3.5 mm) some how ?

Or should I purchase a speaker with a 1/4 cable(or headphones with 1/4 cable), so I could plug it in ?

Thanks !

It shows up as a soundcard, basically. So you can use it both as an input and output device. Most computers default to only letting you use one soundcard at a time, so in order to hear the POD, you have to hook speakers up to its outputs or use headphones with it.

It shows up as a soundcard, basically. So you can use it both as an input and output device. Most computers default to only letting you use one soundcard at a time, so in order to hear the POD, you have to hook speakers up to its outputs or use headphones with it.

So I must have headphones/speakers directly plugged into the POD ?

Can't I plug the POD into my computer with USB, and have my headset into my computer and still hear the sound ?

Thanks for the answer btw.

Can't I plug the POD into my computer with USB, and have my headset into my computer and still hear the sound ?

The short answer is no... There are ways you may be able to get it to work, but usually there's pretty significant latency. It's much easier to not try to use your computer's soundcard, imo.