Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider Valve hd100 MKII tubes?

juani415

hey whats up. . i just purchased   a spider valve MKII hd100 head. i am interested in changing the tubes. this is my 1st tube amp. exactly what kind of tubes does this head use? i have been reading and apparently you use ONLY  Sovteks . The ones installed on it right now are SOVTEK 5881/6L6 WGC.thanks 

• Downvote 1

Sovtek 5881WXT matched set for the power tubes. They need to be properly biased by

an authorized tech who knows our product.

12AX7B China, Sovtek or EH 12AX7 for the pre-amp tubes.

Frequency of replacement,... gigging musicians once every 12-18 months, weekend

warriors every 22-months, bedroom rock stars can get away with every 24 months.

Nuances in the characteristic curves between manufacturers, and whether soft, medium

or hard,... make all the difference. These are not all analog tube amps of the 1960's and

70's. Can't get away with swapping tubes willy-nilly, without problems, so don't do that.

Keep your fingers out of the insides of the amps, as the shock hazard is great. It really hurts when

200V capacitor discharges into your hand,... even with the power unplugged. So, don't do that.