Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Setting up Helix as MIDI controller for Tracktion DAW

HonestOpinion

Has anyone managed to get the Helix working as a proper MIDI controller for Helix Native 1.10 in Tracktion? I am currently using Tracktion version T6.

I was able to set the Helix up as a MIDI controller with no problem for other Tracktion plugins' parameters but Helix Native will only show me two parameters, 'Wet' and 'Dry' levels, that can be assigned to MIDI control or automation. I have set up the parameters that I wish to control within Helix Native using the "Automation/Controller Assign" tab but the assigned parameters/controllers do not show up anywhere in Tracktion when I try to assign the Helix as a MIDI controller to them. Tracktion's internal automation envelopes can't seem to see my Helix Native parameters either.  The "Learn" function in Tracktion does not help and also can't see any Helix Native parameters.

Am I missing a step, is this a Tracktion problem, or is this a Helix Native issue with automation and MIDI not being properly implemented yet? Maybe I am just missing part of the procedure. Has anyone successfully set up automation and MIDI on Tracktion for the Helix Native plugin? If so, could you please post up your procedure. Thanks!