Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500x into QSC K12 speaker

medbad5150

Well packed the AX2 away as my HD500x came today. Literally side by side took lead out of Ax2 and plonked into equivalent output on the HD. I was waiting for the jump for joy feeling as I still think the HD can be tweaked to near perfection, I'm not a Fractal fanboy.

Hearing the chord. Gutted. Terrible, fizzy and either way to fizzy or boom bassy. I checked on forum and set output to Studio/Direct, aha I thought as it was set on combo. Not a bit of difference. I've read the whole unblance, balanced cable into QSC.

Honest I've used one cable from the Ax2 to QSC beautifully. If I have to have miles of cable and loads of inputs I might as well send it back.

Other thing I thought was. Fractal v HD500?  I know as I own one but still had to tweak forever but as least the presets were pretty good.

Sorry for moaning but I had a HD500 years ago maybe the difference is bigger than I thought. Next thing to try tomorrow is disable the cabs. I read somewhere not to use the cabs in patches with the QSC K12 is this correct? If thats the case I will be over the moon.

Can't wait to get it going properly.

PS I cant find the Loaded Bundle in the setlists. Unless owner deleted them. Thanks to you guys he gifted them to me, so maybe I have to load them in again