Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

ALT code symbols on scribble strip

telemudcat

Just for S&G I put an alt code symbol on a scribble strip in HX Edit.  I use ALT 241 (which is ±) in my everyday life, so I put that in the "customize" block for that switch.   What I got in return was a bold "B1" on the scribble strip, the same font and size like you would see on the patch selection strip.   

Just wondering if anyone else has played with these and if they've found anything useful. 

• Upvote 1

Just for S&G I put an alt code symbol on a scribble strip in HX Edit.  I use ALT 241 (which is ±) in my everyday life, so I put that in the "customize" block for that switch.   What I got in return was a bold "B1" on the scribble strip, the same font and size like you would see on the patch selection strip.   

Just wondering if anyone else has played with these and if they've found anything useful. 

Nope never tried this, but most cool if you have discovered a way to customize scribble strips beyond the usual text replacement. This is an awesome little trick. Now that the idea is out in the wild Line6 may need to make sure these alt codes don't interfere with backup and restore or other editor operations. ;)

The plus-minus sign has the code 177 in most Western 8-bit character sets. 177 in decimal is B1 in hexadecimal. Presumably the unit shows the hexadecimal code for symbols it isn't able to otherwise show (probably any symbol above 127).