Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Unable to Update HX Effects Firmware

elrrek

Hello

Is anyone having an issue updating the HX Effects firmware?

I got a brand new unit 6th March (they finally arrived in Europe), I downloaded the USB Drivers, Line 6 Update and even HX Edit and the update refuses to happen on a Windows 7 machine, the update crashes during the process and following the L6 Update suggestions to restart the HX Effects doesn't help, just results in the same crash.

On a Windows 10 machine, L6 Update refuses to start when the HX Effects is connected to the PC, and when you disconnect the HX Effects you can then get L6 UPdate to start, but it crashes as soon as you turn the HX Effects on and it's connected to the PC.

I've opened a ticket with Line 6 but seeing as it's the weekend no-one form there is going to answer until Monday at the earliest or even Wednesday, by which time I will be even further into the period that I can return the unit to the shop and get my money back, I thought I'D see if anyone here has any suggestions.

I had the same issues. It finally worked for me when I only used the hx edit to install drivers and software AND set the HX effects into update mode when I turned it on. You can put HX in update mode by powering on and holding the right ">" arrow. Then it finally recognized and updated to 2.50. Give this a try if you haven't already.