Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Diezel Herbert & Helix HX Effects

ojka

Hi there guys,

I need your help. I'm a happy owner of a Diezel Herbert and I'm thinking about getting the Helix HX Effects for my pedalboard rig. It seems to be able to switch between the amp channels, but I'm a totally midi noob and I'd appreciate if someone could confirm it. Is it possible to program the Helix HX to push a stomp and configure it to get the channel 1 + effects, for example? Mi idea would be to replace mi midimate with the Helix, saving a footswitch and getting also some simultaneous effects within the channels in some cases.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Yes. You set up a HX preset with the desired effects, then in CommandCenter you configure an Instant Command to send the PC# you've set up in the Diezel for the desired channel (or preset). In order for this to work properly you need to go into GLOBAL SETTINGS-MIDI/TEMPO and turn OFF "MIDI PC SEND". That prevents the HX from sending a default PC# when you select the preset. You can also set up a SNAPSHOT which, when selected, sends the required PC# to switch channels (or complete Diezel presets). This eliminates the "lag" that can occur when changing presets on the HX.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the fast reply and detailed information, rd2rk!

And can I do this with many presets combining amp channels and effects? Or there's a maximum? Is it possible to get all of them at "one push stomp"?

You should DL the HX FX manual for full details. I have the Helix Floor, but the midi stuff is mostly the same (what I called "MIDI PC SEND" is called "MIDI PC Tx" on the HX FX). As far as I can tell, the HX FX stores 128 presets (vs 1024 on the Helix Floor). Each preset can contain up to 4 "Snapshots". Using INSTANT COMMANDS you can send different PC/CC messages with each Snapshot. So, one HX FX preset can have 9 FX (same effects in each Snapshot of a given preset) with different settings (bypass and parameters) for each effect in each Snapshot, and use whatever Diezel preamp or preset that you choose to use with that HX FX pedalboard configuration (preset).

I'm not sure what you mean by "get all of them at "one push stomp". Hopefully, between the above and the manual, you'll be able to figure it out.

• Thanks 1