Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX issue: Wah is always on. (??

sideshowsmitty

First off, thanks to everyone that always replies on here.  You guys are all very helpful.  I know I'm missing something simple here.  I just got a new expression pedal that I'm using for my wah.  I believe I set it up corrrectly.  When I switch to my main patch, the wah is always on.  The heel is all the way back.  When I lightly touch it, the wah goes off.  When I switch patches and go back, the wah is on, until I step on it again.  I can't seem to figure out why.  Position is set to 5%.  What am I missing here?  Thanks in advance!

You just need to reverse bypass state of the way block. On the unit itself, with the pedal in the heel down position, go to Signal Flow view and navigate over to the wah block. You’ll see the name of the wah block above FS3. Just push FS3 to change the bypass state to off. Now the wah will come on when you push the expression pedal past the 5% position and turn off when you bring it back. You’ll need to do this in every preset where you’re having this issue. Make sure you re-save your preset after fixing it, of course.

21 minutes ago, phil_m said:

You just need to reverse bypass state of the way block. On the unit itself, with the pedal in the heel down position, go to Signal Flow view and navigate over to the wah block. You’ll see the name of the wah block above FS3. Just push FS3 to change the bypass state to off. Now the wah will come on when you push the expression pedal past the 5% position and turn off when you bring it back. You’ll need to do this in every preset where you’re having this issue. Make sure you re-save your preset after fixing it, of course.

Thank you!  I just tried that, and the F3 button turns on after a few seconds by itself when I turn it off.  I turned it off and saved it before it went back on and that did the trick.  Strange.  As always, I appreciate your help Phil!  Cheers!