Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD 500 MIDI Question

KJMunson

I have a Hughes and Kettner Trilogy and I am looking into controller the channel switching with my POD HD 500 through the midi.

My question is. I have set up an effects chain, because i dont need amp modelling I have that turned off.

I have my FS1-FS4 controlling effects, like echo and chorus, and I would like to set up FS5-FS8 to be control the LEAD, Crunch, Sparkle and CLEAN.

I can not for the life of me figure this out on the POD side. I do not see how to make the switches do that. I have it in A-D mode where the effects are shown on top and then it is switcing between tones on the bottom. I like this set up by just not for the different tone banks in the set list but rather the channels on the amp through midi.

Please see the attachment for the AMP side instructions

Any help?

Trilogy Midi.PNG

11 hours ago, KJMunson said:

I have it in A-D mode where the effects are shown on top and then it is switcing between tones on the bottom.

You need to change this so all switches are available as stomps. You can still access presets on the bottom row by first touching one of the bank buttons. Once you choose a patch it returns to 8 stomp mode. The nice thing about the HD is that in this mode when you hit a bank button it first displays your existing bank... it doesn't move up or down on the first hit. 

Each stomp will then have the ability to send different midi messages. Make sure they are on the same channel as the amp, and that you send the correct CC number and value or PC value if that is how the amp works. 

Thanks for the response Codamedia.

Ok I have switched it back to what you suggested. Please look at the picture.

Based on my PDF from H and K, I would like to make FS5 save as that midi preset. How to do that?

I am also unsure about which midi channel to use, and if i should use program change or CC.

I guess  I could just leave it empty like it is now and then set the amp to recognize that button as changing whatever on the amp via the learn function on the head itself. But if I dont have to ghetto rig it, that would be better.

Sorry for being such Anoob

Trilogy MIDI Full.PNG

POD HD 500 Questions.PNG