Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Heilx HX Routing Question

teleute

Hello, on the Helix HX does a send/return loop count as one of the effect slots?

I.E. if I have 2 loops set up, can I then only use 7 effects on the HX rather than 9.

From the manual it looks like that’s the case, but I’ve not yet got one to test this out on.

Can the stereo inputs be used as dual mono inputs?

I.E. 2 independent effect paths, with 9 mono effects distributed across them. So I could process 2 different sound sources with different effects.

I realise this can be achieved using a send/return loop as an input and output, but as per the first part of the post I don’t know if this then reduces the number of effects I could use.

Yes, the send/return loop counts as an effect slot. It includes useful controls such as send level, return level, and mix (dry and wet).

Yes, you can run two independent paths with a total of 9 mono effects between them. Use the Split Y at the front, and Mix at the end of your "chains" and pan inputs and outputs hard L and R (those don't reduce your effect count).

I use a several presets that use two mono paths and each has its own send/return loop. It all works without a hitch ... you just have to get the pan, level, and mix settings right.