Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

AMPLIFI UPDATE PROBLEMS

misteerbees

sorry if you have heard this before, but was just after some advice: purchased an amplifi 150 through Ebay, and couldn't get it to work (lights blinking) so I updated through USB and it worked great, so I obviously left some positive feedback, hence closing the sale. only didn't realise that as soon as I turn it off and then back on again I have the lights blinking, (also doesn't reset through tone and volume). I have two choices; It seems that every time I want to use it I have to update through USB, or I just leave it on permanently.

I have read somewhere that these have a micro SD to store info' could it be that line 6 use cheap ones that become corrupt easily? and if replaced may allow the amp to function?

many thanks would like to hear if people have had similar problems and how to resolve, if possible

• 1 month later...

had plenty of problems with my 75.  got it fixed only for it to die the next day.  I was so disillusioned from the first experience I haven't had the heart to even get it fixed again, assume it probably is still under warranty.

yes it has a MicroSD card, but they use SanDisk, which are fine.  possible it is the card.  Not sure if you could get an image from someone else and write it to a new card to at least rule that out. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya, cheers for the response, I copied an image of the card, and put it into a new one, but same problem, although I have noticed that if I leave the amplifi on (even though the lights are blinking and it can't be used) for about 10 minutes, then try again it boots up(!?)

Maybe it only works when it is warmed up, could try and convince myself it's a valve amp, and the valves need "warming up" prior to using.

Cheers, like yourself I'm decidedly underwhelmed with the reliability, and will think again before purchasing anything by line 6

Strange as solid state stuff shouldn't need warming up, or what we are describing as warming up.. Also, in my experience, solid state stuff that works sometimes depending on the time it has been running works the opposite way.. the longer it is on the more failures.  Usually due to power capacitors bulging or failing.

someone wrote somewhere about the MicroSD Card.  If I'm remembering correctly, they said that they put in a blank card and were able to firmware update.  

Seems that most of the Amplifi issues are very similar.  Would be nice to get some definite clarification on the issue so we can fix it ourselves, instead of each new person that buys a second hand one or even new one like I did doesn't have to go through all these same steps.