Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT Newbie: Is my "Exp Toe" switch broken?

GarrySimmons

I got my Helix LT on Friday and have been having a good time playing around with amp+cab blocks and effects and routing and stuff. I think I now have a plan for how I want to create my presets and snapshots. I updated the software on my Windows laptop and the firmware on the LT to 2.70 (came with 2.30 out of the box). That all went smooth.

I never use a volume pedal and rarely use a wah. On a whim I added a wah to a block and saw that it was assigned to Exp 1. But I am unable to use the "toe" switch to get the pedal to change from Exp 2. Exp 2 is lit all the time. I assume that I don't have to stomp on the toe to get the switch to change, so I've been gentle with it. Maybe the switch is broken? Maybe I'm a clueless newb that just needs some guidance? I was expecting the switch feel like my real wah pedal does to turn it on / off but when I press on the toe, it's just solid. Nothing happening.

Note that if I go into the Global Settings and manually change the wah block to use EXP 2, then the wah works fine. And that's a perfectly easy work around. The pedal works fine as a volume pedal in the factory presets. I just can't figure out how to make it be EXP 1. It's brand new and I expect it to work 100%.

Please advise.... THANKS!

Garry

39 minutes ago, GarrySimmons said:

I got my Helix LT on Friday and have been having a good time playing around with amp+cab blocks and effects and routing and stuff. I think I now have a plan for how I want to create my presets and snapshots. I updated the software on my Windows laptop and the firmware on the LT to 2.70 (came with 2.30 out of the box). That all went smooth.

I never use a volume pedal and rarely use a wah. On a whim I added a wah to a block and saw that it was assigned to Exp 1. But I am unable to use the "toe" switch to get the pedal to change from Exp 2. Exp 2 is lit all the time. I assume that I don't have to stomp on the toe to get the switch to change, so I've been gentle with it. Maybe the switch is broken? Maybe I'm a clueless newb that just needs some guidance? I was expecting the switch feel like my real wah pedal does to turn it on / off but when I press on the toe, it's just solid. Nothing happening.

Note that if I go into the Global Settings and manually change the wah block to use EXP 2, then the wah works fine. And that's a perfectly easy work around. The pedal works fine as a volume pedal in the factory presets. I just can't figure out how to make it be EXP 1. It's brand new and I expect it to work 100%.

Please advise.... THANKS!

Garry

I have had my LT for a few weeks. I dont use the expression pedal much, yet. But I've tried it and it needs a good deal of pressure to engage.

The easiest way is to put the LT on the floor, stand up and use your foot and put your weight (or half your weight :D as your on one leg now) on the toe end, click.

I tried with my hands and could not get it to work.

I tried it today and wasn't shy about applying some pressure and the EXP pedal switched from 2 over to 1. I don't expect that I will ever have to do that again, but it's nice to know it works. I guess the stiff switch is a precaution against accidentally switching  when using the pedal near 100%.