Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Universal Audio OX + DT50 Combo Amp

yuriamorim

I know that this can sound a bit displaced or even as a redundant idea somehow, but what are your guys thoughts about using Universal Audio's OX top box both as an attenuator for the DT 50 2x12 combo amp and as a studio tool? I'm aware there are cheaper options as far as attenuator options on the market go. But UA's OX would also give me an alternate cabinet modelling system - which, at least by what I heard online, appears to offer better results then the ones I was (so far) able to get from Line 6's overcomplicated - IMO - Dream Rig ecosystem. I gotta say the review that the Andertons did of it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ9k1jZ-gzQ) really made quite an impression on me. Depending on the results I might even drop my POD HD500 (I'm already thinking about moving back to a real pedalbord anyway) and stick with just the UA's piece of gear complementing my dream rig (JTV 69 + DT amp). Any thoughts on this?

• 11 months later...

I have a Dr. Z Airbrake.  Haven't used it for years.  Reason being I never had service required issues with my DT amps until after I used it and have had no issues since I stopped using it.  I have 2 DT50 amps since 2010 and 2012 (as I seem to recall).  I'm probably being superstitious but I adapted and with the replacement of the HD500 with the Helix Floor..... very good times and manageable sound control for all environments.  YMMV.

• 1 month later...

I tried using my DT25 head together with OX and they did not play nicely at all together I'm afraid. This was before the latest OX update with the new cabs but I do remember being very disappointed! Maybe I'll give it another go but currently just using DT25 at home in LVM - much better.