Sign in to follow this  
tower394

Spider IV update

Hello, 

Just want to express my anger with the Line 6 company. I am the owner of Spider IV 150 with additional FBV 3 controller (along couple of other Line 6 products), and I'm finding out that I can't update my Spider with it. The FBV controller is not a cheap product, I've payed it 250 euros just to find out that I should buy another controller just to be able to do updates and edits from my computer... I am very sorry that the company is trying to earn a bit more money by making this "move"...

Cheers

7 hours ago, tower394 said:

Hello, 

Just want to express my anger with the Line 6 company. I am the owner of Spider IV 150 with additional FBV 3 controller (along couple of other Line 6 products), and I'm finding out that I can't update my Spider with it. The FBV controller is not a cheap product, I've payed it 250 euros just to find out that I should buy another controller just to be able to do updates and edits from my computer... I am very sorry that the company is trying to earn a bit more money by making this "move"...

Cheers

https://line6.com/support/page/kb/effects-controllers/fbv-mki-mkii-controllers/the-complete-line-6-pedal-compatibility-faq-r58/

Sorry you didn't do any checking before purchasing the FBV3, I suggest you return it if your main purpose of getting the controller was to be able to connect the Spider IV to your computer for updating/preset saving.  Otherwise, look for a used FBV Mk2 Express pedal for that purpose, these can often be found for about $50.