Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects - Expression pedal keeps setting to off

mbtainton

Is anyone else having issues with their expression pedal setting itself to 0? It’s been driving me nuts all night. I’m using an Ernie Ball VP Jr running into Exp1 on the HX and with the pedal set fully down it will work fine for a while and then suddenly the volume will cut out until I rock the pedal back to full off and then back to full on once more. 

It happens with different presets. It happens with the VP Jr controlling different parameters. I’ve switched the TS cable connecting the pedal to the HX and it still happens. 

It’s like the HX just turns it off until you rock the expression pedal off and on again. 

Any ideas what’s causing it or how to fix it?

Ok, I’ve upgraded to 2.71 and the issue still occurs. Seems like it’s related to the VP Jr because when I swap the VP Jr for a Mission L6 I seem to have no issues. The VP also seems to work fine in front of the HX as just a straight volume pedal. No signal loss when used that way. 

No idea why the VP Jr is causing issues when run into the Exp 1 of the Helix. 

• 4 years later...

I just added an Expression Pedal to my HX Effects rig and mostly use it as a Volume Pedal. But now when I change presets the volume cuts out until I rock the Exp Pedal back a bit and then put it back in toe position.  This is so frustrating. I'm on the latest firmware (3.6).

Has anyone figured out how to fix this?

I'm using the latest Dunlop Volume (X) 8 Pedal.

On 8/25/2023 at 1:21 AM, AndyBennett17 said:

I just added an Expression Pedal to my HX Effects rig and mostly use it as a Volume Pedal. But now when I change presets the volume cuts out until I rock the Exp Pedal back a bit and then put it back in toe position.  This is so frustrating. I'm on the latest firmware (3.6).

Has anyone figured out how to fix this?

I'm using the latest Dunlop Volume (X) 8 Pedal.

Probably want to change the global settings for expression pedal position. That is what this sounds like.