Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Studio UX1 with Bluetooth

It is my understanding that when I am using the POD Studio UX1 as my audio device I can only hear audio by plugging headphones directly into the POD.  I have Bluetooth headphone and am using a Bluetooth capable PC.  

I have had tons of problems with the wired headphone jack on my JBL Everest Elite Bluetooth headphones.  The sound cuts out if you so much as breathe on the cable.  I have had the cable replaced, Etc to no avail.

is there a way of using Bluetooth headphones with the POD, or some kind of adapter available I can plug into the POD  for wireless connection?

thanks!

There are two analog outputs on the UX1 that you can use to plug into an amplifier and speaker. 

Bluetooth would not be good because it would have a slight delay in the sound which would make it difficult to work with. Besides bluetooth headsets are not designed to handle the levels that an instrument produces. 

Dave's right. I've tried using bluetooth transmitters to send the signal from various equipment to my bluetooth headphones, but there is always a delay. Usually about 500-800ms. If you get an aptX transmitter and aptX capable headphones, you could get that latency down to about 50-80ms in practice (they claim 20-30ms on the box, but don't believe it). Your playing will feel spongy, and the signal compression will affect the quality too.

As I understand it, latency is a fundamental weakness in the bluetooth protocol, and we won't be able to have lower latency headphones until another protocol is created and adopted.