Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Farm As Vst Vs Pod Farm With Ux1

I have a Pod HD500 that is my primary recording interface.  I have Pod Farm 2.5 installed and registered to my DAW PC where I use Reaper.  I ordered a UX1 to use for times when I need to go capture some vocals or guitar, but I don't want to lug my HD500 pedal board around.

What is the licensing relationship between the Pod Farm registered to my PC and/or the Pod Farm that I register to the UX1?

Will the Pod Farm registration to my PC allow me to gain all the benefits of the UX1, such as low latency monitoring of effected input while recording dry signal for re-amping later, or does the registration of the UX1 do the low latency recording part, while the registration to my PC would give me the vst effects for re-amping the dry signal previously recorded?

If I didn't have Pod Farm registered to my PC, but only to the UX1, would I still be able to use Pod Farm patches as VST effects on previously recorded material?

Lastly will the Pod Farm registration to my PC conflict in any way with Pod Farm registration to the UX1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

sounds like some confusion.. i'll try to clear it up... but can't completely follow the questions... so hope it helps...

if you paid extra for the pod farm 2.5 update the license belongs to your account and you can use it anywhere up to 4 devices/computers at once.

if it was included in your UX, then the UX owns the license and it must be connected.

the low latency monitoring etc... is a function of the lin6 drivers and the UX.. you shouldn't have any issues using the HD as an interface... 

you shouldn't have any conflict with the licenses between the pc and the UX.

(although if one of your licenses was an ilok that can cause conflicts)

Line 6 gave me Pod Farm 2.5 as a reward for completing a survey, so it came first and is registered to my PC. I just ordered the UX1 and it will come with Pod Farm 2.5. So are you saying I can just add my current Pod Farm registration to the UX1? Then I would have the vsts available with or without the UX1 plugged in?

OK I received my UX1, and it is pretty cool, but as a Variax player now I'm rather frustrated with details that seem to me should have been a natural progression of function.  The UX1 provides wonderfully for reamping. You can hear processed signal, while recording a dry performance, which is much more flexible in a home studio environment.  The HD500 however does not allow the same, and adds convoluted hoops you have to jump through to accomplish reamping. 

It would seem that the ability to choose the recorded source (processed or not) should be extended to the HD500. This would allow the variax guitar models to be recorded dry through the HD500, and then be reamped through Pod Farm VSTs after the fact.

Maybe I could put an effects loop at the front of the signal chain, maybe in a dual tone config, and then tie the effect send out to the instrument or line in of the UX1, allowing me to record a mono guitar only track for reamping, and a processed tone on the next track. I could mute the dry track in my DAW so I would only hear the processed track while recording.

It seems that it would be much less fuss to just allow the selection of the recorded source on the HD500 as with the UX1.

I could very well be missing something obvious here, so please let me know if I'm off track.

Thanks!